Weekly Sports Round-Up

Matthew Ridenour, Staff Writer

Baseball:

After playing Riverwood three times in the past week, the team won all three of those games by scores of 7-1, 16-5 and 11-5. The team will face Sequoyah three times this week with two games away and one at home. The team played Sequoyah on March 8 and won 7-4 making their record on the season an impressive 10-1 and they will face Sequoyah at home on Wednesday.

Boys Golf/Girls Golf:

Boys Golf has had one tournament and finished in 3rd place while the girl’s team has also had one tournament, but no results were posted on the school website. The girls team has a tournament on March 16 while the Boys team has a tournament on March 15.

Boys Lacrosse:

The team is 5-2 after beating Riverwood 18-2 and losing to Blessed Trinity 9-3. This week the boys will play Roswell on March 9.

Boys Soccer:

The team is now 3-4-1 after playing Chattahoochee this past week losing 4-2.

The team will face Johns Creek away on March 9.

Senior Carter Johnson during the Milton v. Cambridge game. (Provided by the Cambridge high school website.)

Boys Tennis:

The team is now 3-2 after playing Creekview, winning 5-0 and losing to Johns Creek 4-1. The team will play Sequoyah on March 9.

Girls Tennis:

The team is now 4-1 after playing Creekview and Johns Creek winning those matches 5-0 and 4-1. The team will play Sequoyah on March 9 but at home.

Boys and Girls Track and Field:

The team was supposed to participate in the Milton meet on March. 5 and 6 but the meet was canceled. The team beat Forsythe Central last week and has another home meet today.

Girls Lacrosse:

The team is now 5-1 after playing and beating Centennial and Riverwood by scores of 17-5 and 21-1. This week the team will face Chattahoochee, Dunwoody and Roswell all at home.

Junior Grace Housley reaching for the ball.

Girls Soccer:

The team is 5-1-3 after playing against Chattahoochee and Parkview and winning those games with scores of 5-0 and 6-0. This week the team will be facing Johns Creek away.

Freshman Natalie Leibel defending the team.